Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hip-Hop Culture

Hip-Hop Culture is a very diverse culture when it comes to race as of today. hip-hop culture originated in Africa from different tribes. When it comes to hip-hop culture from the past I really don't have full knowledge but I know some things. I am more informative on current Hip-Hop culture today, it is a culture that tends to accept anybody no matter what religion or race you are and where you come from. I believe that the hip-hop culture chose me and I am happy it did.

I'm apart of the dance culture in general but pacifically the hip-hop culture. I remember seeing my dad who was also part of the hip-hop culture popping and locking when I was just a little girl. My father back in his day was one of those individuals who you saw dancing on the cardboard box on the corner of the street with his big stereo next to him. When I tell most people about my dad they always figure he was African American but he is not, he is Puerto Rican. He was one of the few people who was of a different race dancing in New Jersey at his high school.

I believe that my dad has been a big part in my inspiration for dancing hip-hop because he has been there and loved it just as much as I do now. This culture is made for anybody and that is what I love most about it and you get to dress casual and comfortably unlike most dance genres. A reason why I love this culture so much is that you don't have to be a certain weight or sizes if you wanted to dance professionally, you can just be you and don't have to worry about "fitting in". This is part of my culture as a whole and I am proud to say that I am apart of the hip-hop culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment