Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Beautiful Loser Analysis


10/9/2013

Blog, Beautiful Losers Analysis

For my Beautiful Losers analysis I chose Thomas Campbell mainly based on his statement in the movie saying he’s “inspired wherever I am”. As minimal as it is, it really spoke to me. To me having that sort of look on life, being completely open to create whenever and wherever you are, is something I really admire in a person and strive for within myself.
Campbell is an artist. He is famous for not only painting, but sculpting, photography, and films about surfing. In his paintings he’ll put phrases, scriptures, etc, and mix it up with the image, creating a contrast of human beings and their ways. If he had it his way he would describe art with art, to draw a picture instead of speak whenever asked to give artist statements. I connect with this, to show rather then to tell.
Art is such a large array of expressions, when you’re ask to chose one you can’t because there is something in all of them which you can relate to. I Think Campbell demonstrates that perfectly; a little bit here in the paint, a little bit with the camera. The world IS such a beautiful place that no matter where we find ourselves we should be able to pause a create a magical piece of art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment