Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Beautiful Losers


Sabrina Brown
Intro to Writing
October 9, 2013
                                    Beautiful Losers Analysis

My character analysis is on Mike Mills. His culture provokes the creation of art because he puts his art out in a form of sadness. It is creative creation of art because he uses his emotions that he was not aloud to express as a youth in his art. I create outfits at times when I am worried about something in life. When I am in a happy mood, my outfits are expressing just that. I wonder if other people have different times when their creativity is higher or lower because of their mood or feelings? Mike Mills feels more like an outsider within his culture. He specializes in Indi filmmaking, he said “mainstream was like my first girlfriend who dumped me really hard, and I never forgot her”.

Mike Mills feels that going to school for art can be good or bad, depending on the person. I feel the exact same way. I think that some people try to hard to show that this is who they are. They take the fun out of the craft because they are not passionate about it, more like a show. Art schools teach that there is no good or bad art, which leads to the creation of all art in many forms. Collaborating is a great thing. In Mike Mills’s time they collaborated and just came together and hang out and that sparked art. Also being able to collaborate with others brought them up from just some artsy delinquent kids to being adults and moving into working with major named companies like Pepsi and directing music videos.

Artists create for themselves and people around them that have similar circumstance.  Mike mills create his work from his emotions and things he has seen or can relate to. A lot of people have the same ways of thinking so people will gravitate to art or anything that they can relate to and that they can get an emotion out of it. In my case I create for other people. The outfits I put together are apart of me because they are what “I” think looks good. If I did not put my touch into them they would not be my art. If people gravitate to my style that I see fit for them then I will become successful. In my head everything I imagine and create makes perfect sense, so if I inspire others that will be another for of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment